I am learning a lot about my patience as a parent. It has really been put to the test in moments of urgency as I have a test to study for, or a paper to write. Take the following pictures for example:
She pulled my notes off the table and tore them up.
As I am picking up my notes she knocked my water off the table (the water had already been cleaned up so I did not get in trouble with my husband).
I moved her next to her toys so I could clean up the water and she came across her wipes. The rest is pretty self explanitory.
Needless to say, school is not just a challenge within itself anymore. I am now struggling to balance the demands of being her mother as I strive to be a studious college student. This is more arduous than balancing my job at KKI and a full time school schedule was. I certainly did not anticipate this.
I am constantly cleaning food off of Austin, including inside of her ears. That has been worse lately because of her ear infections and her constant tugging and rubbing of them.
She is a water lover! I think it is time for a kiddie pool in the back yard, because Ripken would really like his water to stay IN the bowl.
We are lucky our dog is so sweet, because she terrorizes him all the time.
I also learned quickly that Austin is climbing. She has been pulling herself up and standing at the dishwasher while I do the dishes. She loves to take the dishes out as I try to load. I looked down the other day and saw that she had pulled herself up and was standing on the door of the dishwasher, not the floor.
Later that same day she had climbed onto the landing at the bottom of the steps. She can now climb up about two steps. Dad installed a gate at the top of the steps, with Moms help. Now I need to set one up at the bottom of the steps too.
Every now and then I get a few minutes of peace while she is captivated by Sesame Street. It is the only show she is interested in, but there are no complaints here. I happen to enjoy it myself.
Also, aside from crawling everywhere, she is cruising, and super close to walking. She is trying harder and harder to stand independently. She is now able to stand using one hand while bending over and picking things up with the other. It was just a few weeks ago that she started to crawl. Where does time go?
No comments:
Post a Comment